We partner with you to evaluate existing systems, identify gaps and areas of improvement, and develop best-in-class processes. Our practices are tailored to fit your technology environment and business needs.
Compatibility testing - Testing the compatibility of the softwares
To make a stand in today’s competitive market, it’s mandatory for you to provide a quality software or application to your buyers. And to do so, it’s important for the product to go through different types of test such as reliability, quality and compatibility.
Skytesters’ compatibility testing services ensure that the compatibility of your system/website/application/ is readily and flawlessly compatible with various other objects like hardware platforms, web browsers, database, hardware, users etc.
Our professionally skilled software testers test your application in all the possible ways that help reduce the chances of failure or malfunctioning due to compatibility issues.
What makes Skytesters compatibility testing the most effective and reliable service?
At Skytesters, Our test labs conduct a variety of compatibility tests, both Manual & Automatic, that provide our clients with the following benefits:
- We successfully establish confidence in the way your applications behave across all the relevant platform combinations.
- We prevent negative impacts from affecting your revenue and brand streams
- Our intense compatibility testing ensures an enhanced reduction in the customer support overheads.
- We help you gain higher roles with the use of open source tools, reusable frameworks and the automation and a relatively effective offshore delivery process.
Different types of testing services that we offer
Compatibility testing is definitely an integral step in the journey from development to release. It retains the same level of criticality even after the application becomes live for use.
Keeping all these factors in mind, Skytesters offers you the following types of testing services:
- Browser compatibility testing : In this type of testing, we thoroughly check the application’s compatibility with different browsers like Firefox, Chromium, Google Chrome, Internet Explorer ( IE6 to IE9) , Safari, Opera etc.
- Network compatibility testing: Currently, there are lot of network bands such as 3G, 4G , WCDMA, EVDO, WIFI etc. In network compatibility testing, we check the application’s compatibility with different kinds of networks.
- Mobile Devices compatibility testing : We check if the application is compatible with various mobile devices and their relevant operating platforms like android, iOS, Sailfish OS, windows, Blackberry OS, Ubuntu touch etc.
Operating Systems compatibility testing : Our OS compatibility testing ensures that your
software or application is highly compatible with the different Operating Systems such as :
- Windows ( windows 95, 98, NT, ME, XP, 2000, Vista, 7)
- MAC OS ( MAC 9,10, 10.2, Tiger OS X 10.4, Leopard OS X 10.6, Snow Leopard OS X 10.6.6, Lion OS X 10.7)
- Linux ( Red hat, ubuntu, fedora , solarisetc )
- Backward Compatibility Testing : Also known as downward compatible Testing, it involves the testing of applications in older versions of the platform or OS.
- Forward Compatibility Testing : This kind of testing is known as forward compatible testing, where we test the application or software in the upcoming versions of the platform or OS.
We follow a systematic approach in performing various compatibility tests which include the following steps:
- Planning and analyzing the client requirement
- Preparing an effective test strategy and plan
- Allocating the Infrastructure Resources by setting priority for Browsers, operating systems and devices, that need to be tested for compatibility.
- Setting up of applications undergoing compatibility test
- Designing and Re-using the possible coverage measurements and test scenarios.
- Executing the tests on various platforms & identifying the defects or vulnerabilities.
- Automating the scenarios that requires regression.
Tools used by us:
We use a variety of testing tools that are the most advanced and effective ones in giving hundred percent accurate results. These tools include :
- Selenium (WebDrivers)
- DotMobi Virtual Developer Lab
- Cross Browser Testing
- Spoon Browser Sandbox
- Cloud Testing